Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hair Accessory Organization (Craft) in 5 minutes!



DIYers, here we go! I've been trying to tackle the unorganized areas in my house little by little. This weekend I focused on my bathroom/bedroom area. To manage my hair accessory mess, I came up with a 5 minute craft. You can use this craft to make gifts as well!




This was not a contained mess at first! I was scooping bobby pins, pony tail holders, and hair clips from all kinds of places. Put all together, I had one huge, bulging mess.

Supplies:

  • Scraps from 1 12X12 thick piece of scrapbook paper
  • Scissors
  • Marker
If you want to get fancy, Add:

  • a scrapbook punch
  • a corner rounder punch
  • Glue/tape

Now lets start with a mini hair clip organizer.


 I totally eyeballed the length of all of my clip holders, judged by how many I had.




Fold in half if you have a bunch. (There is another row behind the clear ones.) 


Yeah, that was easy huh?  Now let's make a barrette holder. Get a longer piece of paper. Goodness, having striped paper made this so easy!! Leave at least an inch at the top and bottom and on the sides.




 Next, is a single clip holder. I made the cuts off centered so my clip would look centered on the holder. This is my favorite hair clip that I picked up at an estate sale. I used a corner rounder to dress this one up a bit.  

***Tip*** You could also use a small holder like this to just hold a few clips to throw in your make-up bag when you go on vacation!


Now we have bobby pins. OK, so this is basically just a rectangular piece of paper I admit, but for some reason it is my favorite! Pretty can be simple guys.


Life Hack: Put an ankle biter clip on the edge of all of your headbands to keep them together!



 Lastly, you can see the tamed mess! Flat, no longer bulging, and styled. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...