Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blog to Book


Oh how I love to blog.  Every time I hear a friend is pregnant (especially if it's their first baby) I always encourage them to make a blog. The greatest benefit of making a blog about your pregnancy and the life of your child is that all of your family members have the same access to the story of you and your baby's development.  I love when a family member calls me and tells me I read your blog and I can't believe (and describes the event). 


No one can get mad about not knowing something because everyone has equal access to the important stories if they just check out your blog! It really helped my family spread out all over the USA (including Alaska) and Japan, know what was going on in our lives.

But my favorite reason for a blog? It's completely selfish but I am a sentimental fool (so you will learn if you continue following us), I print my blog! Thanks to my sister Lacey I found out early in the life of blogging that you can make a book out of your blog with nothing more than choosing the date for the book to start and where the book should end and giving your book a title. I used Blog2Print.com, but Blurb.com and other websites offer the service too.  I have printed two copies, one for me and one for my daughter as a baby book.  I print it once a year so it will be like stories of each year of her life.  Imagine when she's 20 something and is pregnant or God forbid I die, she can read stories about our life together and I know the stories of her life exhume the love her daddy and I have for her.  So I highly recommend blogging and printing it. It's a great documentation of your life. It's never too late to start a blog about your life because you are a very interesting person and people would love to learn about your life, I promise!  If you are a shy person you can make your blog private and only share it with close friends and family, or if you are like me you can let the world read about your life. My blog is mylittleskittle.blogspot.com if you are interested in what you could write about.  I cherish the stories and read them frequently.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...