Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Speech Bulletin Board Printables

Fall Sequencing Bulletin Board 
This was made for ST and OT in the private practice setting by can easily be adapted for school classrooms and school speech rooms! Here I have included printables for you to download. Just click the pictures of the printables.







Since school has fully taken off I have noticed a decrease in the amount of practice my kiddos are doing at home. I wanted to get all of the kids in my clinic involved in an activity, including the siblings, so I came up with the idea to encourage everyone to get involved in fall activities and document their activities, step by step, with pictures. For turning in sequence pictures of their activity, which we will use as therapy materials (yay!), their name is entered into a drawing for a small gift card and we will feature new pictures on the board each week. We all know how valuable sequence pictures can be. I use them for targeting sequencing (obviously), past tense verbs, descriptive sentences, a million other concepts, and even articulation at the sentence level.  The OTs can encourage daily living and leisure activity practice and STs can target language and articulation practice! Plus, no one in the family needs to be left out. Those poor little brothers and sisters who miss out on all of the fun can join in. ;)



Click the image above for the title printables.

I strung mod podged glitter clothes pins on some pretty twine that was secured with two push pins and some staples to create a "clothes line" so I can easily change out the pictures each week.



I came up with lots of ideas for my families to use so there is no excuse not to get involved. You can just tear off an idea. I even stapled two on top of each other so there were duplicates. Click the picture below to download the ideas printable.


Just fold on the top line back and forth and then cut each vertical line to make tear offs easy.


Below you can download my other signs and announcement of what the prize will be!



I set a good example for sequencing by giving steps for participation. We included a blurb for parents to write back as a simple photo release. I also made a mini version of these handouts for parents to grab and take home.


I put these little handout strips in a little gift box and stapled the ribbon handle to the bulletin board.


I hope someone enjoys this idea and maybe even uses this at their own clinic!
The super cute free Halloween clip art I used can be found here in color and in black and white. 

Check our last post for the fonts and Halloween Chevron graphic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...