Friday, August 24, 2012

Bill Reminder DIY


To keep track of what bills I have left to pay in the month I came up with this creation. It was so easy to make and the idea can be used in many ways. (My friend made one with me and she uses hers as a prayer board. She puts names for all the people she prays for on it and takes them off as she goes. )



To make this:

1. I bought a square shadowbox frame for 50% off at Hobby Lobby.
2.  I took off the back of the frame and pushed in a cork board square. (The back of this is the glass of the frame.)

3. I picked out some coordinating scrapbook paper. 

4. I used some scrapbook punches to cut out the shapes.

5. I rubbed ink on the corners to give my shapes a vignette look and used stickers to label them. 

6. I mod podged everything! (My background didn't stick so well because I re-centered it so much so I added pushpins in the corners.)

5. I hot glued red rhinestones onto some clear pushpins & used those to hold my little bill labels. 

Voila! Easy! 

TIPS/IDEAS: I have some dates, account numbers, & amounts on the back of some of my little labels. I often place these in the order that they are due as well.  You could add the dates on the front. I keep my paid bills clipped in a mod podged clothespin. You could also place an envelope on the back. My friend has hers propped up on a recipe holder in her kitchen, which is really cute. Originally, I thought about hanging strings across & using mini glittered clothespins to hold them up. There is so much you could do!


I hope this idea sparks some creativity in others! 

2 comments:

  1. what a clever and "pretty" idea. We are featuring this on the blog today ^^) Feel free to grab a featured button if you fancy so. thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring us! We will be proud to show your "featured" button!

    Thanks so much,
    Lacey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...