Monday, April 22, 2013

Calm Parenting Experiement


Today is the first day of my year of calm parenting.  I am a very high strung Type A personality who wants to be the best at everything I do, but sometimes stress gets in the way of me being the most patient, best mother I can be (which is my number 1 priority).  So I am starting a challenge today. The goal?  Absolutely no yelling at my daughter for ONE YEAR! I don't yell a lot, but I always feel like a terrible mother after I do it, so I am going to try to not scream for a year.  I will try to update you guys along my journey, and hopefully inspire others to parent in a calm manner.  Just because our lives are hectic doesn't mean we should instill that in our children.  My hope is that my daughter will be able to truly see my love all of the time, even in the most challenging of moments.  Wish me luck!

Have any of you tried "calm parenting?"  What were your results?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...