Friday, March 1, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Birthday Party

My daughter was born on St. Patrick's Day.  Her first birthday was before there was Pinterest to get ideas, but that didn't mean there weren't ideas on the internet.  Basically I did  a lot of research and finally found Amy Atlas (she is who I want to be when I grow up), which was my inspiration and first attempt ever at party decorating, so don't judge it too hard.

The main area was mainly green since it was St. Patrick's Day with a hint of pink for my little girl.
The scrolls on the left are a table cloth cut up and surged on the edges and then mongrammed (one for each child invited).  These were intended to be used as functional party favors.  They are reusableo on the table mats for toddlers eating finger foods.
The clover lollipops were all made with molds. The hat was made on by my mom on her embroidery machine.  
These are three wrapped Styrofoam cake forms used to display cupcakes with character. 
This was a framed bulletin board. The candy favors are in mini plastic storage bags and then stapled shut with scrapbook paper..  They were then pinned on the cork board with clear push pins.

These were cupcakes with my little girl's face on them.  They didn't come out great, but what can I say, it was our first try.

This was the pink table filled with: pink cupcakes, pink and green cookies, pink large mylar balloons, and pink clover lollipops. 

I also made the cake and the inside was pink strawberry cake.

 This party was simply a first attempt and was a lot of fun.  The green was because she was born on St. Patrick's Day (and this was likely the only year she would let me get away with it) and the pink was to celebrate the precious little girl. I hope you enjoyed seeing one of our first every parties.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...