Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Time


Cute Valentine Alert! I have to show my speech students some love a few times a year.  I was lucky that some awesome bloggers helped me accomplish this task for Valentine's Day in less than 30 minutes and for well under $5. 


I used Pinterest to find a cute Valentine for the boys and one for the girls. They are both made using glow stick bracelets from the dollar store. (Dollar Tree only had 5 packs for $1 when I purchased them but Target had 15 packs for $1 so shop around!)


Print out your girl's Valentine printable from The Teacher Wife and print out your boy Valentine printable from Stitch Craft Creations. They both came in color but I decided to just use black ink to save money. I used some heavy paper, grey and pink, to give them a little stiffness. 


 I used my scissors to slice a place for the "light sabers" to slip through on the boys Valentines.


I slipped on all of the bracelet joiners and tried not to crack the glow sticks! (I only failed on a few.)


Grab some tape or some labels to cut up like I did. All you have left to do is to tape your glow sticks to the back of your Valentine's and you are done!


                                                            Happy Valentine's Day!

                                                                         -Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...