Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Library Pockets for Speech Homework


So, I was killing time the other day at the local teacher supply store and what did I leave with? Everything chevron of course! I bought some adorable chevron library card holders, or library pockets, from School Aids.  I sat them on my desk, since they were so pretty, and had a great idea during my session...actually using them in the books I send home to parents! 


I cut a blank note card in half and used one card as a checkout card with the date the child was given the book. Make sure you do not use full names due to privacy concerns, of course. The date will help the parent stay accountable and will encourage them to bring it back! For the other card I wrote out homework ideas specialized for the child! This child was working on carrying over some articulation sounds that were found in the chant in this particular book so it was perfect. I also provided some other tips for using the book in different ways so the book could be used multiple times for practice.

I would usually stick a post-it on a book that I was sending home with homework tips and I love the idea that this way my homework is much less likely to get lost. It saves paper too. I also like the fact that I can start this system and have multiple therapy ideas for my books to pull from if I keep up with this system in the future! Future TPT ideas are brewing in my mind....


I bought this book at a book resale event and highly recommend it. It is a cute alternative to The Three Little Pigs. 

Now I'm off to think of new ways to use the rest of my library card holders! What do you use them for in your speech room?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...