Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tutorial: DIY Cheap Christmas Berry Ornaments


I have really been in the Christmas spirit lately! My husband and I put up our beautiful new frosted tree  up but there was one problem. All of our ornaments were still in storage in Texas. I decided to give myself a very tiny budget for new ornaments this year and that meant making my money stretch. I hit the dollar store and ended up creating some beautiful, natural ornaments for my new tree! Here is how you can make them too. 



Purchase a bunch of berries. This was $1 at Dollar Tree. I actually chose a dark color and a light color of these to make my ornaments. Grab some ornament hangers and your wire cutters.


Spread out your berry bouquet. If your kitten didn't eat any of your foam berries you should have 6 individual bunches. Cut them above the part where they meet the wire.


My feline "helper."


Now, you have all of your bunches separated and ready to go.


Don't throw these away! Save these for tomorrow's tutorial! You won't regret it.


Next, take your ornament hook and thread it through the mini branches so that it hooks in securely. Squeeze it to secure it more. 


Snip the tops off once you have the hooks in and you are done!


How beautiful are these simple, thrifty ornaments? I just love them. I made 18 for $3. 

Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see what you can do with all of those extra leaves you have.





This tutorial was shared on these blogs:


It's Overflowing     Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special Fridays Unfolded


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...